The Community Development Department administers the orderly growth of the community by ensuring quality development through superior customer service which adheres to the goals and objectives established by the residents, Mayor and Village Board. The department provides assistance to local businesses, residents and developers through program administration of building inspections and plan review, code enforcement, economic development, Geographic Information System, planning and zoning.
Core goals of the Community Development Department:
- Provide Plan Commission support
- Coordinate Village-wide code enforcement efforts
- Encourage housing diversity and quality
- Implement the policies outlined in Village adopted plans
- Encourage balanced growth and strategic annexations
- Ensure quality construction of all developments
- Coordinate the building permit and development review process and ensure timely reviews
- Maintain and improve the quality of multi-family, single-family, commercial and industrial properties
- Provide support to local businesses and encourage business expansion
- Conduct business attraction and economic development efforts
- Please contact the Community Development Department to confirm the necessary applications for your development or building project.
- Click here for a Building Permit Application. Click here to view a list of all permit handouts.
- Click here for a Development Application. Please reference the supplemental application materials to determine what additional materials must be submitted with your development application.
Kimberly Porter, AICP
Director of Community Development
Community Development Department
5 Plaza Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.