The Community Development Department administers the orderly growth of the community by ensuring quality development through superior customer service which adheres to the goals and objectives established by the residents, Mayor and Village Board. The department provides assistance to local businesses, residents and developers through program administration of building inspections and plan review, code enforcement, economic development, Geographic Information System and planning and zoning.
Core goals of the Community Development Department:
- Provide Plan Commission support
- Coordinate Village-wide code enforcement efforts
- Encourage housing diversity and quality
- Implement the policies outlined in Village adopted plans
- Encourage balanced growth and strategic annexations
- Ensure quality construction of all developments
- Coordinate the building permit and development review process and ensure timely reviews
- Maintain and improve the quality of multi-family, single-family, commercial and industrial properties
- Provide support to local businesses and encourage business expansion
- Conduct business attraction and economic development efforts
- Please contact the Community Development Department to confirm the necessary applications for your development or building project.
- Click here for a Building Permit Application. Click here to view a list of all permit handouts.
- Click here for a Development Application. Please reference the supplemental application materials to determine what additional materials must be submitted with your development application.
- Click here for a Commercial Filming Permit Application. Please reference the checklist, insurance policy and hold harmless documents required for submission with the filming application.
Additional Resources Pertaining to Proposed and Current Development Projects:
ZONING CODE UPDATEShare your ideas to help us update the Village of Woodridge's Zoning Code!
The Village of Woodridge is currently updating its Zoning Ordinance, which was adopted in 1976 and updated in 1991. While amendments have been made from time to time, this is the first comprehensive update. Zoning is the main regulatory tool used by local governments to manage the use and form of development on private property.
Go to www.WoodridgeZoning.com for more information and to share your ideas!
Preliminary Recommendations Report - Village of Woodridge Zoning Code Update (Teska Associates, Inc. & Ancel Glink).
Director of Community Development
Community Development Department
5 Plaza Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.