- Groot program structure is similar to the previous program with Waste Management.
- Groot collection began on June 1, 2018.
- Reduction in Sticker Cost from $4.15 to new rate of $4.00 per sticker (June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024).
- Day of Collection remains the same.
- Four (4) weeks of free bagged leaf pick-up program in November.
- Comingled Recycling - Residents can use existing bins (no larger than 20 gallons), or purchase new rectangular bins for $20.00 (64 or 96 Gallon recycling carts are available to rent from Groot as well for $3.50/month).
- Landscape Waste program will continue unchanged. One sticker is required on each kraft brown landscape bag and on each landscape bundle.
- As an Option, Residents can contract with Groot for Monthly Refuse & Recycling Cart Service. Monthly rates are: 33 and 64 gallon cart - $24.50/month; 96 gallon cart - $28.00/month. Carts can be rented for $3.50/month or purchased for $75.00. Previously purchased Waste Management Carts can continue to be used.
- Clean-Up Day (previously Amnesty Day) on your regular collection day during the first full week of October. Stickers are required on the first 5 items. All units in addition to the first 5 are free.
- Bulk items will be collected curbside with 3 stickers per item.
- White goods (appliances such as a refrigerator): Optional service that requires advance notice to Groot at a cost of $45.00/per item.
- Curbside E-waste Collection (Electronics): Optional service that requires advance notice to Groot. Brown bag of small electronics: 5 stickers; TVs or monitors less than 50 lbs.: 15 stickers.
Or, contact Village of Woodridge at 630-719-2905
REFUSE, RECYCLING, AND YARDWASTE PROGRAMThe Village of Woodridge has a "bag-n-tag" curbside collection program. With this program, a sticker must be attached to all refuse or landscape containers. You may attach the sticker to a maximum 33-gallon plastic bag or a maximum 33-gallon rigid container. Containers cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. You do not need to put a sticker on each bag placed inside the garbage can.
Groot Garbage Stickers are used for refuse and landscape waste at $4.00 each and currently may be purchased at the following locations:
- CVS Phamacy - 8645 Woodward, Woodridge, IL 60517
- Ace Hardware - 6216 Main St., Downers Grove, IL 60516
- Mariano's - 1300 S. Naper Blvd., Naperville, IL 60540
- Jewel Foods - 75th and Janes Ave., Woodridge, IL 60517
- Jewel Foods - 1156 Maple Ave., Lisle, IL 60532
- Jewel Foods - 1227 S. Naper Blvd., Naperville, IL 60540
- Jewel Foods - 6215 Main St., Downers Grove, IL 60516
- Meijer - 755 Boughton Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- Monday - north of Hobson Road and Thornberry Subdivision
- Tuesday - west of I-355 from Hobson Road to 75th Street
- Thursday - west of I-355 from 75th Street to 83rd Street
- Friday - south of 83rd Street or east of I-355 south of Hobson Road
Trash Pickup During the HolidaysThe following are trash pickup holidays:
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
|Day of Holiday
|Pick-Up Days Delayed One Day
Monday and Tuesday
Thursday and Friday
- 2023 Municipal Refuse Survey Results
- Donate Unwanted Items
- Additional Item Disposal Information - Large items, construction debris, tires, white goods, unwanted mail
- Curbside Recycling Program
- Additional Recycling Information - Electronics, latex paint, American flags, carpeting, CFL, Styrofoam, clothing, household goods,
- Clean-Up Day (Amnesty Day)
- Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Yardwaste - Brush Drop Off Program, Free Bagged Leaf Collection (November)