- Groot program structure is similar to the previous program with Waste Management.
- Groot Collection began on June 1, 2018.
- Reduction in Sticker Cost from $4.15 to new rate of $3.80 per sticker (June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022).
- Day of Collection remains the same.
- Four (4) weeks of free bagged leaf pick-up program in November.
- Comingled Recycling - Residents can use existing bins (no larger than 20 gallons), or purchase new rectangular bins for $20.00 (64 or 96 Gallon recycling carts are available to rent from Groot as well for $3.30/month).
- Landscape Waste program will continue unchanged. One sticker is required on each kraft brown landscape bag and on each landscape bundle.
- As an Option, Residents can contract with Groot for Monthly Refuse & Recycling Cart Service. Monthly rates are: 35 and 64 gallon cart - $23.50/month; 96 gallon cart - $26.00/month. Carts can be rented for $3.30/month or purchased for $70.00. Previously purchased Waste Management Carts can continue to be used.
- Clean-Up Day (previously Amnesty Day) on your regular collection day during the first full week of October. Stickers are required on the first 5 items. All units in addition to the first 5 are free.
- Bulk items will be collected curbside with 3 stickers per item.
- White goods (appliances such as a refrigerator): Optional service that requires advance notice to Groot at a cost of $40.00/per item.
- Curbside E-waste Collection (Electronics): Optional service that requires advance notice to Groot. Brown bag of small electronics: 5 stickers; TVs or monitors less than 50 lbs: 15 stickers.
Or, contact Village of Woodridge at 630-719-2905.
REFUSE, RECYCLING, AND YARDWASTE PROGRAMThe Village of Woodridge has a "bag-n-tag" curbside collection program. With this program, a sticker must be attached to all refuse or landscape containers. You may attach the sticker to a maximum 33-gallon plastic bag or a maximum 33-gallon rigid container. Containers cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. You do not need to put a sticker on each bag placed inside the garbage can.
Groot Garbage Stickers are used for refuse and landscape waste at $3.80 each and currently may be purchased at the following locations:
- CVS Pharmacy - 8645 Woodward Ave., Woodridge, IL 60517
- CVS Pharmacy - 8325 Lemont Rd., Darien, IL 60561
- Ace Hardware - 6216 Main St., Downers Grove, IL 60516
- Mariano's - 1300 S. Naper Blvd., Naperville, IL 60540
- Jewel Foods - 75th and Janes Ave., Woodridge, IL 60517
- Jewel Foods - 1156 Maple Ave., Lisle, IL 60532
- Jewel Foods - 1227 S. Naper Blvd., Naperville, IL 60540
- Jewel Foods - 6215 Main St., Downers Grove, IL 60516
- Meijer - 755 Boughton Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- Monday - north of Hobson Road and Thornberry Subdivision
- Tuesday - west of I-355 from Hobson Road to 75th Street
- Thursday - west of I-355 from 75th Street to 83rd Street
- Friday - south of 83rd Street or east of I-355 south of Hobson Road
Trash Pickup During the HolidaysThe following are trash pickup holidays:
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
|Day of Holiday
|Pick-Up Days Delayed One Day
Monday and Tuesday
Thursday and Friday
TiresCall Groot at 888-485-0900 the day before your regular pick-up to inform them you will be placing tires out for collection. Tires must be on rims. One sticker must be attached to each tire.
White GoodsThe Illinois EPA prohibits the disposal into landfills of any items that contain chloroflourocarbon (CFC) refrigerant gases and other environmental contaminants. These items are termed "white goods" and include refrigerators, washers & dryers, freezers, air conditioners, dishwashers, furnaces, etc. Residents must call Groot at 888-485-0900 48 hours in advance and advise that the white good is being placed for collection. The cost of this removal is $40.00 per white good. The charge for removal is the cost associated with bringing the appliances to a facility to have the contaminants removed.
Reduce Unwanted MailFind out about ways that you can reduce the unwanted mail that is sent to your home by visiting www.catalogchoice.org.