- There are eight classifications of licenses. These classifications are based on how you wish to distribute liquor (e.g. daily, restaurant, retail, etc.).
- The application fee for a liquor license ranges from $25 to $4,000, depending on the classification of license issued.
- All liquor licenses, except daily temporary licenses, are valid for a period of one calendar year. Annual renewal of liquor licenses are due before May 1.
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all applicants.
- State law requires persons selling, serving or dispensing liquor to be at least 21 years of age.
- The Liquor Commissioner has the final authority on issuance of licenses.
5 Plaza Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517
Additional Business Licensing RequirementsIn addition to your primary business license, you will need additional business licenses if your business is engaging in any of the following activities:
- Ambulance Services
- Amusement Devices
- Athletic Contests or Exhibitions
- Scavenger/Garbage Collection
- Vending Machines
- Gasoline/Automobile Service Stations
- Golf Course/Driving Range
- Outdoor Storage Facility
- Outdoor Christmas Tree Sales
- Peddling Goods
- Commercial Solicitation
- Selling Tobacco Products
- Sales or Distribution of Liquor