- The rate negotiated with Constellation is $0.07517/kWh through October 2021.
- One hundred percent of our community's energy is carbon-free, meaning Constellation matches all of your energy usage with emission-free energy certificates from a generating source that does not directly produce greenhouse gas emissions.
- The fixed-rate contract provides price certainty for the entirety of the term.
- Beginning in June 2019 - ComEd price-to-compare is expected to be lower than the price offered through community aggregation.
- ComEd's price to compare fluctuates seasonally and will be reset to an unknown rate in January 2020.
- The negotiated agreement includes the ability to switch suppliers or return to the utility at any time without incurring a termination fee. Other suppliers may charge a penalty. For more information residents should use Constellation’s 24-hour customer service number 1-844-252-4216 or online at www.constellation.com/ilwillcounty.
- Woodridge is currently part of the Will County Governmental League Electric Aggregation Group. The group consists of communities in Will County that have come together in order to levy purchasing power for a lower electric supply rate.
- Woodridge has participated since 2011, at which time the community elected to participate in the program through a referendum question placed on the ballot.
Common Questions Regarding Electrical Aggregation
At the end of July, the Will County Governmental League Electrical Aggregation Group met for a bid opening. There were three bids received from AEG, Constellation and Dynegy. The Constellation Energy price was the lowest amount bid with all participating communities unanimously selecting this as the energy supplier.
*NOTE: You can opt-out at any time during the course of the contract.
If you currently have ComEd or another supplier, you will receive an “Opt-In” letter in the mail. Please be aware of any contracts you might currently be in and if there is a penalty to terminate your contract to opt-in. This would best be done by contacting your energy supplier directly.
www.constellation.com/il-willcounty provides residents the ability to opt-in and opt-out online. Also an updated Electrical Aggregation FAQ can be found below.
Further – residents can enroll in the Do Not Call registry (www.donotcall.gov). This should help eliminate phone calls from all solicitors, including energy suppliers.
- UPDATED Woodridge Electrical Aggregation At-A-Glance (10-12-2018)
- Woodridge Opt-Out Letter
- Woodridge Opt-In Letter
- Woodridge Electrical Aggregation FAQ's
Have a question? Fill out the online form.