We continue to have one “ghoul” this Halloween: a safe and fun holiday for everyone. Please remember that Woodridge Halloween trick-or-treating hours are from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
If a home is planning to participate in trick-or-treating, please turn on your front porch lights so that families know it is OK to visit your home. If your home is NOT participating, please ensure your outdoor porch lights are off.
Additional Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips
If you choose to trick-or-treat or hand out candy, please follow these safety guidelines:
- Do not participate in trick-or-treating if you are feeling unwell, awaiting COVID-19 test results, or if you know that you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Be sure to wear a functional face mask and gloves. Costume masks should not be a substitute for medical/cloth face masks.
- Practice physical distancing and make sure you sanitize your hands throughout the evening and wash them after you get home.
- Monitor children closely. Put electronic devices down, watch for traffic, obey all traffic signs, look before crossing the street, and never cross between parked cars or in the middle of the block.
- All Halloween treats should be pre-packaged.
The Village of Woodridge wishes you a happy and safe Halloween!