The Police Department is hiring immediately upon posting of the Eligibility List.
Please apply: https://iosolutions.com
Application Deadline: August 5, 2021; 4:00 pm
Virtual Testing Window: Week of September 5, 2021
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates are required to attend and/or view the mandatory orientation session. The orientation session will be held virtually. Details will be supplied at a later time.
Your exam will be offered electronically and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each session will be proctored virtually. All testing sessions will be offered during business hours within the week of September 5th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during this week and during business hours.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 as of August 5, 2021 unless exempt from age limitations as provided by statute.
- Must have binocular vision corrective to 20/30.
- May not have any felony convictions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have or obtain within six months of hire, residency within 30 miles of corporate limits of the Village of Woodridge.
- Must have attained an associate’s degree or its equivalent number of hours towards a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Exceptions: 1) applicants who were engaged in active military service of the United States for at least two years and honorably discharged; 2) applicants who are certified full-time police officers in the State of Illinois.
- Attend virtual orientation session and pass all phases of testing process.
Starting Salary $65,000.00 as of January 1, 2021 with salary increase to $66,310 after completion of field training program (about six months after hire) and annually thereafter. Current top salary is $109,116.80.
Uniforms and Equipment Provided. Uniform allowance provided annually thereafter.
- 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off; shift hours are 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Village Holidays (64 Hours) Per Calendar Year
- Personal Time (32 Hours) Per Calendar Year
- Vacation Time (80 Hours) after One Year of Employment
- Sick Time (8 Hours) Per Month
- Health Insurance Coverage (Village pays 81% of Premium); Dental Insurance Coverage Available
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Unreimbursed Health Expenses and Dependent Day Care Expenses
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Interest Free Computer Loan Program (Eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Police Pension Fund and Voluntary Deferred Compensation Plans
Entry Level Testing and Hiring Process: 2021 Entry Level Police Officer
Woodridge Police Department: Lateral-Entry Hire Police Officer
Application (please note the different application type from the Village of Woodridge)
FAQs - Testing Process
Required Forms Checklist
2019 Police Officer Eligibility RosterHere is the revised 2019 Final Eligibility Roster that is valid through July 8, 2021. The scores of applicants who successfully passed the written examination are listed here. The passing score of the written examination is 75%. This Eligibility Roster includes the addition of preference points as noted.
Candidates who have successfully completed Phase I (written examination) of the testing process will be eligible to participate in Phase II (oral examination) of the testing process.
Eligible applicants will be contacted in order of excellence based on the final point score and ranking of the Eligibility Roster. We will begin contacting applicants immediately to schedule oral interviews.