Lateral police officerThe Police Department is hiring immediately upon qualified applicants passing all phases of testing.
To apply click here.
Application deadline: NONE. Will remain open until all vacancies are filled.
- Competitive Salary: Starting salary up to $93,808 DOQ. Current top pay is $115,190. Officers are represented by the Metropolitan Alliance of Police (MAP).
- Ample Time Off: Benefit accruals begin on date of hire. Vacation (80 hours after one year of employment), Village holidays (64 hours annually), personal days (32 hours annually), sick time (8 hours per month), and comp time bank accrual of up to 140 hours.
- Appealing Schedule: Twelve-hour shifts, which gives officers every other three-day weekend off. Permanent and rotating options, based on bid-system.
- Generous Residency Requirement: Thirty miles, within six months of hire.
- Great Selection of Specialty Positions: Investigations, Tactical Unit, Traffic Unit, Community Outreach Officer, Honor Guard, Bicycle Officers, Field Training Officers, Range Officers, Evidence Technician, Various task force assignments and multi-jurisdictional assistance teams for SWAT, Hostage Negotiator, Crash Reconstruction, Major Crimes and Computer Forensics.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, police pension, deferred compensation plans, flexible spending accounts, interest free computer loan program, tuition reimbursement, professional development and training, retiree health savings plan, and a uniform allowance (100% for new officers).
Qualifications for Candidates:
State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB) with no more than forty (40) hours of training required for recertification or successful completion of an out-of-state Basic Police Officer Training program which can be transferred and accepted by the ILETSB.
- Must be employed as a full-time non-probationary certified law officer, or have been a certified law officer in good standing not more than 180 days prior to acceptance of written application.
- High school degree or hold a G.E.D.
- U.S. citizen and have a valid Driver’s License.
- Vision correctable to 20/30.
- Must possess skills and abilities comparable to a non-probationary Village of Woodridge Police Officer, as determined by the Village.
- Must pass all phases of hiring process including oral interview, polygraph test, psychological exam, medical exam, drug screen and background investigation.
There is no guarantee of an interview or further consideration for candidates submitting an application. Inclusion in any lateral-entry candidate screening process shall be based upon the relative experience of the candidates based on the stated minimum qualifications and the hiring needs of the Department at the time of review.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in an oral interview by the Police Department command staff, human resources, and a representative of the Woodridge Board of Police Commissioners. Upon recommendation by the interview committee, qualified candidates may receive a conditional offer of employment and participate in additional post-offer screenings and examinations including but not limited to: polygraph examination, psychological assessment, in-depth background investigation and credit check, medical examinations and drug screening. Candidates must receive a satisfactory evaluation or recommendation on each screening or examination in order to proceed in the selection process. Failure to achieve a satisfactory evaluation on any screening or examination shall result in immediate disqualification from further consideration.
Out of state lateral-entry Police Officers must meet the conditions of the waiver granted by the ILETSB within six months from the date of hire to become certified in Illinois.
Newly-hired lateral-entry Police Officers are subject to an 18-month probationary period.