The Police Department is hiring immediately upon posting of the Eligibility List.
Please apply: https://iosolutions.com
Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
Virtual Testing Window: Week of November 6, 2022
Entry Level Recruitment Flyer
Orientation and Testing Information:
• Candidates are required to attend and/or view the mandatory orientation session. The orientation session will be held virtually. Details will be supplied at a later time.
• Your exam will be offered electronically and you will take the exam in your own home. There will be multiple sessions offered and each session will be proctored virtually. All testing sessions will be offered during business hours within the week of November 6th – it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during this week and during business hours.
Must be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 as of October 6, 2022 unless exempt from age limitations as provided by statute.
- Must have binocular vision corrective to 20/30.
- May not have any felony convictions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have attained an associate’s degree or its equivalent number of hours towards a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Exceptions: 1) applicants who were engaged in active military service of the United States for at least two years and honorably discharged; 2) applicants who are certified full-time police officers in the State of Illinois.
- Attend virtual orientation session and pass all phases of testing process.
Starting Salary $65,000.00 with salary increase to $69,160 by first service anniversary date. Current top salary is $109,116.80.
- Uniforms and Equipment Provided. Uniform allowance provided annually thereafter
- 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off; shift hours are 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Paid Village holidays, vacation, personal and sick time
- Health Insurance and Dental Insurance as well as Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement Program, Interest Free Computer and Fitness Equipment Loan Programs
- Police Pension Fund and Voluntary Deferred Compensation Plans