Guideline & Tips
- When your name is called, step to the podium and speak clearly into the microphone. Please be advised that each speaker’s testimony is being recorded.
- Give your name and address.
- Remember that your comments are limited to three minutes. Make sure you have time for your most important points.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to write their remarks down and submit them to the Village Clerk. Try not to repeat what others have said, but highlight those issues that have not been already raised.
- If more than five (5) speakers wish to speak on the same topic and hold the same position, pick one or two spokesperson(s) and have all those who agree raise their hands.
- All comments should be addressed to the Presiding Officer, not individual Board members, staff or members of the audience.
- Questions will usually not be answered during a speakers turn at the podium, but may be addressed by the Village Administrator at the end of the public comment period.
- Most issues have multiple solutions. Offer constructive suggestions and listen to what the other side has to say.
Email the Village Board with a public comment regarding an upcoming agenda item. Please click this mailto link to open in your default email app with the subject line "Agenda Item Public Comment." PublicComment@woodridgeil.gov
Email the Village Board with a general public comment by clicking here. The email subject line is "General Public Comment."