Last October, Mayor Cunningham and the Village Board unanimously approved Resolution #2020-81 “Celebrating the Diversity of our Community and Affirming the Village’s Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Equity, and Inclusion for All.” As part of that Resolution, they approved the creation of an ad hoc Village Human Relations Advisory Committee (“the Committee”) whose purpose would be to help: (i) deepen the Village’s understanding of diversity, equality, equity, and inclusion, and (ii) facilitate meaningful community connections, conversations, and dialogue around diversity on behalf of the Village and all of our Woodridge neighbors.
Anticipated Time Commitment
- Monthly meetings – approx. 1-2 hours/month.
- Occasional evenings or weekends, as needed, for community outreach meetings or events
- Committee Term Length: 1-2 years (estimated)
Qualifications/How to Apply:
The Mayor and Board are seeking community members of diverse backgrounds who are interested in dedicating their time to the Committee. If you are interested in serving our Village in this important capacity, please submit a Letter of Interest and a summary of your qualifications that you believe make you an ideal candidate to serve on the Committee.
There are two ways to apply:
- Mail or email: Please send your Letter of Interest and resume to the attention of: Mayor Gina Cunningham, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517 or via e-mail email@example.com.
- Online application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7NWJZWL
First review of applications will begin on May 14.