The Shop Local Shop Woodridge campaign is a grassroots community wide initiative to help support the businesses in our community. Its goal is to raise awareness and to educate consumers of the importance of shopping and buying at Woodridge businesses. A portion of money spent at local stores stays in the local economy which helps retain our vibrant community.
Learn specific advantages for local shopping in the Why Shop Local flyer. The main advantages include:
- Keep sales tax dollars in the local economy.
- Create and maintain local jobs.
- Help save the environment.
- Save money and time.
The following two shopping guides are available as part of Shop Local Shop Woodridge campaign. If you are either looking for somewhere to grab a bite to eat, check out the dining guide or if you're looking for a location to meet your fitness needs then check out the recreation guide.
Did you know Woodridge has a lower sales tax rate than many of its surrounding communities? Paying less in sales tax means more money in your pocket. Learn more in the Did You Know flyer.
- 3% per movie ticket
- 5.8% on each purchase of wine, beer, or spirits
- 3.6% per dinner bill
- $0.46 per tank of gas
How to Get Involved
- Like the Shop Local Shop Woodridge Facebook page today!
- Register your support today! Check out the Shop Local Shop Woodridge website to register your support for the Shop Local Shop Woodridge campaign.
- Spread the word. Tell your friends, family, and co-workers about the Shop Local Shop Woodridge campaign.
- Do your shopping locally. Keep your eye out for the Shop Local Shop Woodridge window decals in Woodridge businesses.